• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: HIDIVE to Stream I Parry Everything Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eddy2

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 9:49 pm Reply with quote
I honestly had a feeling they were gonna grab this one haha. Good for them.

I know why people have gripes with them but I really hope Hidive can afford to license at least 2 more titles next season given how Whisper Me a Love Song and Jellyfish Can't Swim were the only 2 new shows they grabbed this spring. I think shows like Sword of the Demon Hunter, Mayonaka Punch, and Giji Harem look like worthy contenders for them.

Last edited by Eddy2 on Thu May 16, 2024 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Definitely feels like a HIDIVE show.
louis6578

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 4:18 am Reply with quote
I can understand someone who can only afford one streaming service having Netflix, Hulu, Crunchyroll, or Amazon.

Has anyone ever met a person who only watches anime legally and only subscribes to HiDive? That's a fascinating story if it's ever happened.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 11:06 am Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
Definitely feels like a HIDIVE show.

Not to me. They tend to get weird, quircky or slice of life anime. Action and fantasy is not something I associate with Sentai/HIDIVE.
Seagloom

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 11:12 am Reply with quote
Angel M Cazares wrote:
Not to me. They tend to get weird, quircky or slice of life anime. Action and fantasy is not something I associate with Sentai/HIDIVE.

They also tend to pick up the occasional fantasy or isekai show. Two farming isekai, two villainess series, Helck, Vampire Princess, and heavier hitters like Reincarnated as a Sword, and The Eminence in Shadow to mention a few. Last season the second cour of Ragna Crimson wrapped up on HiDive; a dark fantasy action show.

Their pickups are actually fairly eclectic.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 11:33 am Reply with quote
Seagloom wrote:
Angel M Cazares wrote:

They also tend to pick up the occasional fantasy or isekai show. Two farming isekai, two villainess series, Helck, Vampire Princess, and heavier hitters like Reincarnated as a Sword, and The Eminence in Shadow to mention a few. Last season the second cour of Ragna Crimson wrapped up on HiDive; a dark fantasy action show.

Their pickups are actually fairly eclectic.

You are correct. They have picked up more action and fantasy anime the last couple of years.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1